In our culture, it is commonly assumed that it is natural for couples to lose passion or sexual intimacy through the course of their relationship. Why is this so? I don’t mean why does this happen to couples, but rather, why do we accept it as the natural course of long-term relationships?
There is no “how to” book in the world that will give couples all the answers they are looking for to improving their sex lives. If those books worked, the world would be a perfect place and you wouldn’t be looking at my website right now, would you? A one-size-fits-all approach can’t account for everything in the human experience. That’s why more and more people are turning to a sex coach like me for support.
Coaching couples is one of my favorite things about being a sex coach. Couples, and sometimes just one person of a pair, come to me when they need to bounce ideas off someone neutral, to vent all their thoughts about their body, their sexuality, their relationship history, and their desires for their love lives. I help people make sense of it all, to discover what they truly want for their lives, and to move forward into a life filled with joy, peace, and great sex.
Couples come to me for a wide range of reasons:
- Preferences in the bedroom don’t match over time. When one partner doesn’t understand why their lover likes something, I help facilitate an open dialogue. Many couples experience mismatched libido at times during their relationship. This can be resolved when partners learn to approach the situation with compassion and understanding with my support.
- Couples who waited until marriage may find they have trouble expressing their sexual desires to their partner, or they simply don’t know how to build a vivacious sex life together because they don’t know the language of sexuality to even say what they want. You don’t know what you don’t know! Exploration with guidance from a coach helps people overcome shame, embarrassment, and unease at where to begin.
- New couples who want to do it right this time can work with a coach like me to help them change their communication patterns and leave old and unhealthy habits behind them. Fresh starts require a fresh attitude.
- Some couples are ready for something a little kinkier. Swinging, bondage, domination, submission, polyamory, open relationships, pegging, fetish exploration…there are so many topics out there today that couples reach out to a sex coach to discuss. Many couples are ready to explore, but not sure where to start. Let me support you in finding groups of like-minded folks, or reputable websites to gain further insight. I will help you learn more about your fantasies, how to turn them into practice safely, and to give yourself permission for pleasure in whatever form you find it.
- Long-term couples that are dissatisfied with the level of intimacy. There are ways to regain the desire you once had, or ignite something completely new. You do not have to be the couple that doesn’t have sex anymore. You can recover from a sexless marriage or relationship. Whether you and your partner come to sessions together, or it’s just you who is open to coaching, you deserve the best sex life possible, and sex coaching can be just the thing to give you exactly what you want.